On May 25, 2018, the new European data protection legislation will come into force when the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) We know that this change is a priority for our customers and it is equally important to us.
Who are we?
Pax Beverage Group is a group of several wine, beer and spirits importers in Norway, Sweden and Iceland. Mjodur AS, Pulcher AS and Norbev AS is operating in Norway, Pax Vinum AB in Sweden and Pax Vinum Ehf. in Iceland. Our company’s headquarters is located in Oslo, Norway and the headquarters’ registered office address is Karenslyst Allé 10, 0278 Oslo, Norway.
Why do we collect and use personal data?
We collect and use personal data mainly to do direct sales, customer service and to some extent direct marketing . We also collect data about suppliers and partners.
We may use your information for the following purposes:
- Perform direct sales activities in cases where legitimate and mutual interest is established.
- Follow up on incoming requests (customer support, emails, chats, or phone calls).
- Notify you about any disruptions to our services (system messages).
- Perform contractual obligations such as order confirmation, license details, invoice, reminders, and similar.
- Provide you content and venue details on an event you signed up for or may have interest in
- Send you marketing communications which you have requested. These may include information about our products and services, events, activities, and promotions of our associated partners’ products and services. This communication is subscription based and requires your consent.
- Send you information about the products and services that you have purchased from us.
- Reply to a ‘Contact me’ or other web forms you have completed on one of our websites
- Contact you to conduct surveys about your opinion on our products and services.
When do we collect personal data about you?
- When you interact with us in person, through correspondence, by phone, by social media, or through our websites.
- We may collect personal data if it is considered to be of legitimate interest, and if this interest is not overridden by your privacy interests. Before data is collected we make sure an assessment is made, ensuring that there is an established mutual interest between you and Pax Beverage Group.
Our legal basis for collecting personal data
Collecting personal data based on consents
The collection of personal data based on consent from the data subject will be done by using “Consent Forms” that will store documentation related to the consent given by the individual. Individual consents will always be stored and documented in our systems.
Collecting personal data based on contracts
We use personal information for fulfilling our obligations related to contracts and agreements with customers, partners and suppliers.
Collecting personal data based on legitimate interest
We may use personal data if it is considered to be of legitimate interest, and if the privacy interests of the data subjects do not override this interest. Normally, to establish the legal basis for data collection, an assessment has been made during which a mutual interest between Pax Beverage Group and the individual person has been identified. This legal basis is primarily related to our sales and marketing purposes. We will always inform individuals about their privacy rights and the purpose for collecting personal data.
What type of personal data is collected?
We collect name, phone number, title and email address, in addition to your company’s name and contact information. We may also collect feedback, comments and questions received from you in service-related communication and activities, such as meetings, phone calls, documents, and emails. From our websites we may collect IP-address and actions taken on the site.
We do not collect or process any special categories of personal data, such as public unique identifiers or sensitive personal data.
How long do we keep your personal data?
We store personal data for as long as we find it necessary to fulfill the purpose for which the personal data was collected, while also considering our need to answer your queries or resolve possible problems, to comply with legal requirements under applicable laws, to attend to any legal claims/complaints, and for safeguarding purposes.
This means that we may retain your personal data for a reasonable period of time after your last interaction with us. When the personal data that we have collected is no longer required, we will delete it in a secure manner. We may process data for statistical purposes, but in such cases, data will be anonymized.
Your rights to your personal data
You have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- The right to request a copy of your personal data that Pax Beverage Group holds about you.
- The right to request that Pax Beverage Group corrects your personal data if inaccurate or out of date.
- The right to request that your personal data is deleted when it is no longer necessary for Pax Beverage Group to retain such data.
- The right to withdraw any consent to personal data processing at any time. For example, your consent to receive e-marketing communications:
- If you want to withdraw your consent to e-marketing, please make use of the link to manage your subscriptions included in our communication. Please note that you may still receive system messages and administrative communications from Pax Beverage Group, such as order confirmations, system messages and notifications about your account activities.
- The right to request that Pax Beverage Group provides you with your personal data and, if possible, to pass on this information directly (in a portable format) to another data controller when the processing is based on consent or contract.
- The right to request a restriction on further data processing, in case there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data.
- The right to object to the processing of personal data, in case data processing has been based on legitimate interest and/or direct marketing.
Any questions about your Privacy Rights should be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Do we share your data with anyone?
We do not share, sell or trade your information with any third parties without your consent,.
If required by law:
We will disclose your personal information if required by law or if we, as a company, reasonably believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our company’s rights and/or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order or legal process. However, we will do what we can to ensure that your privacy rights continue to be protected.